Sunday, February 21, 2010

hello world, again

I had a promise.

Someone asked me to create a new blog. I have a strong opinion against it. But then, if it's free why not.

One day when I was in high school, in one of the many bouts I've had with boredom, I decided to turn one notebook into a sort of journal. Just a simple Cattleya filler notebook, consisting of a few pages, on which I crafted the constitution of what I would write. I called it a "psychograph"... not knowing that such a term existed before and all the while praising myself for the genius of what I just created.

I was the world's first "psychographer".

After a few years of more writing, a few disillusioning and enlightening courses of psychology (where I learned a different kind of psychograph), and the big hype and shebang of the internet, I found that the "psychograph" is the first incarnation of a blog that I published.

This blog is just another one of the many incarnations of that notebook. As is with my first one, my second, my multiply, my website, my tumblr, and with the other unnamed ones I published in mid-air and forget. If that makes me a blogger, why not?

I am writing, yes, but if I'm a writer, I haven't decided yet; but it sure feels good to consider yourself as one.

Until that time, I keep this blog and I keep my psychograph and I keep striving to get my grammar lapses in moderation, the readers amused, bemused and c-mused, and keep this little hobby of writing healthy as long as I can. I don't promise to be the best and I don't promise to be politically-correct.

What I can promise is that you'd learn a new thing or two. If it would mean something to you, it's up to you. I don't promise that as well.

Tschüss.

-------------

This psychograph is as quack as what I've invented.

2 comments:

  1. I am a witness to 'the' Psychograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally get to meet the man behind the genius post I saw back then. You have no idea how hard it is to find you. Haha. :)

    I wonder if it's appropriate to welcome you back to the blogging world. I'm not sure if you left at all ;)

    ReplyDelete